"This report uses recent economic modelling to relate cognitive skills – as measured by PISA and other
international instruments – to economic growth."
The OECD report ^^^ states that improving "the labour force skills"
may have "large impacts on future well-being"...
Table of contents
The effect of education on economic growth
• Empirical growth analyses using school attainment
• Empirical growth analyses considering cognitive skills
• Measuring cognitive skills
• Basic facts of cognitive skills and economic growth
• Evidence on causality
The economic costs of low educational achievement
• Simulation approach
• Scenario I : Increase average performance by 25 PISA
• Scenario II : Bring each country to the average level of
• Scenario III : Bring everyone up to a minimum skill level
of 400 PISA points
Annex A: Deriving a combined historical measure of
Annex B: Underlying cross-country growth regressions
Annex C: Projection of the economic value of education
Notes to Annexes