FREE RICE is a word game
You have to find the proper synonym with a word among 4 answers.
For each right answer, "Freerice" donates 10 grains of rice to the
>>> UNITED NATIONS
The more you answer (right !), the more rice you can give. The faster you play, the more rice these people can get... 82,992,737,250 (nearly 83 billion !) grains of rice have been earned today. That is enough to feed more than 4.3 million people for one day ! Besides, it's a nice way of practising, and you will improve your vocabulary !
A few facts and figures on hunger :
Should we design the world as a 100-people village...
- 24 of them would lack electricity ;
- 25 would lack safe water in their homes (or close to them) ;-
- 32 could not breathe clean air ;
- no sanitary facilities for 40 of them.
What about food ?
- 50 of them are hungry some or all of the time because they lack a reliable source of food ;
- 20 are severely malnourished all the time ;
Only 30 inhabitants have enough to eat
in this world village !
In 2010 there are 1.02 billion hungry people (= 15 % of the world population -approximately 6.8 billion). By 2050 food production needs to increase by 70 % to feed the estimated world population of 9 billion people...
and today is WORLD HUNGER DAY.